Friday, February 20, 2015

Promoting and Selling my Doodle Art.

Since the first of this year I have been working towards the goal of promoting and selling my doodle art and am excited to report that I have sold five 9x12 inch pieces as well as several 5x7 inch cards even though the cards were simply 'samples' that I was showing to some people for feedback!

Promotion thus far has been word-of-mouth and Facebook updates both on my personal Facebook page and my DayLee's Creative Doodles fan page.

There is a huge Art Show here in April and I am still on the fence about entering it mostly due to a small inventory and a huge case of nerves!  We shall see.....stay tuned to fine out if I do or if I don't...

Here are a few of the popular doodled critters I have completed (and have for sale).
They are drawn with black Micron pen on 9 x 12 inch 90# watercolor paper.

The black borders are NOT part of the original drawing but simply added to help feature them  on webpage.

Feel free to visit both my doodle page and my Facebook page and 'like' us!







The seahorses, giraffes, and the large elephant in the top drawing began as templates found in the Ornation Creation Facebook group. Ben Kwok makes these templates available for any purpose providing you do not reproduce or claim credit for the original template. His awesome artwork can be found on his BioWorks page using a link found in his Facebook group. 

Come back and visit this blog for an introduction to more doodle critters soon!

4 comments:

  1. I saw a women doing this kind of art work at a craft show, I draw, and when I saw her work I wanted so much to learn it. So there are not art classes for this, it is just something you yourself are creating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermosos y despiertan kucha ternura, en realidad irradian armonía

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra is this art form called doodle art or is it zentangle or tangled art? what ever it is called it is eye catching.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you enjoyed your visit or have a question...please do leave a note! I love hearing from my guests!